We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), and for the purposes of the Act the data controller is Billington Bioenergy Limited
We will never collect personal information unknowingly to the user or use any personal information for any but the intended purpose. If we want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
Information you give us
- This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site, corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise or placing an order through our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, personal description and payment details.
- We will use this information to:
- provide you with information that you request from us;
- organise further contact;
- process orders and deliver goods you order from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about. We will contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way please do not tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the order form or contact us form). If you change your mind you can unsubscribe at any time by contacting us or following the ‘unsubscribe’ link in communications you receive from us;
- to notify you about changes to our service; and
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you
- With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following user data, for the following purposes:
- technical information (such as the IP address and browser type); and
- information about your visit (such as the pages you request, clickstream to, through and from our site, download errors and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs)).
- This user information is only processed in a way which does not identify individuals. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. We will use this information:
- a. to administer and improve our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- b. for the purposes of conversion tracking and serving ads targeted to users’ interest. If you prefer to opt out of some third party, interest-based advertising you may disable this in several ways:
i. Through the Do Not Track functionality in your web browser. To do this, use a popular search engine and search for ‘Enable Do Not Track in my browser’. You will find resources to guide you through the process, and can reset your preferences or settings at any time by repeating these processes.
ii. Through the Digital Advertising Alliance’s consumer choice tool. You can find this at optout.aboutads.info to opt out of seeing interest-based advertising from participating companies in your current browser.
iii. On your mobile device. You can enable the ‘Limit Ad Tracking’ setting in your iOS phone’s settings, or the setting to ‘Opt out of Ads Personalisation’ in your Android phone’s settings
Disclosure of your information
- You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006;
- selected third parties who act as business partners, suppliers or sub-contractors (including Shopify, who we engage as a data processor to manage electronic orders and process payments using servers based in the USA;
- selected third parties including analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site, and the selection and delivery of relevant adverts;
- We will disclose your personal information to other third parties:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer; or
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us will be one of the transferred assets.
Storage of Your Data and Security
- The data that we collect from you will be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It will also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. This includes staff engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
- All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology, and payment card details are never kept by us. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by following the ‘unsubscribe’ link in communications you receive from us or contacting us at email@example.com or in writing to Billington Bioenergy, Cunard Building, Water Street, Liverpool, L3 1EL.
- Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites, which will have their own privacy policies for which we do not accept any responsibility or liability for. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
- The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.