Billington Bioenergy is one of the most experienced suppliers of wood pellets for heating in the UK. We are very proud to have an ENplus A1 certification to prove it.
Follow the simple steps below to keep your fuel stored to ENplus standards to ensure it is always secure and safe to use.
If you’d like to find about more about the practicalities of storing wood pellets, please call us on 0330 9950270 or email email@example.com
HOW TO STORE YOUR BIOMASS WOOD PELLETS
- Your fuel store must be designed and installed by professionals.
- If your fuel becomes contaminated, you will need to remove it immediately.
- The shorter the distance between vehicle and store, the less the likelihood you will run into problems.
- You can download the official ENplus storage handbook here
A typical wood pellet store. Please check your own store for specific details.
REFILLING YOUR PELLET STORE
- You must install a viewing hatch or window in order to check the level of wood pellets in your store before refilling it.
- You must place a protection mat around 50cm from the back wall and opposite the inlet pipe of the store to protect your wood pellets from hitting any solid surface.
SUPPLYING BIOMASS WOOD PELLETS
As ENplus certified suppliers, we meet the specifications as follows:
- Dust content in the main hopper can be up to four per cent (40kg for every tonne delivered).
- The overall blowing distance is less than 30 metres.
- Pipes, couplings and hoses should have an inner diameter of 100mm.
HOW TO CLEAN YOUR BIOMASS STORE
According to ENplus Storage Guidelines, how often your store needs to be cleaned depends on your annual consumption of wood pellets.
- If you use less than 15 tonnes per year, then you should clean it every two years.
- If you use more than 15 tonnes per year, you should clean it once per year or after every 5th delivery.
Here is a great informational video from the UK Pellet Council on correct pellet handling and storage